VIP Fan Auctions (“VIP”) is committed to protecting your privacy by promoting and complying with the use of business practices that help protect the confidentiality of our customers and their data. Because you are a valued VIP Fan Auctions customer, we provide the opportunity for you to learn more about how we collect, use, secure, and share your personal information.
In general, you can remain anonymous when browsing VIP’s websites, but there are instances when we collect customer information. This policy describes how we protect, collect, use, and share customer information. For information on acceptable use and terms for our sites and services, refer to our Terms & Conditions.
Customer information means all non-public information related to an identified individual, which is sometimes called personally identifiable information. Customer information does not include anonymized data, aggregated data, or de-identified data, all of which do not identify an individual.
This policy was last updated on August 18, 2020.
Our Privacy Principles
VIP maintains the following principles regarding the collection and use of customer information:
- We do not sell your personal information. Period.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use your personal information for their marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect personal information.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
Collection of Customer Information
We collect customer information in different ways. We treat these types of information below as personal information.
When you register for an account with VIP, consign with VIP, contact us, attend a VIP event or otherwise interact with us via social or digital marketing channels, we may collect a variety of information, that you provide directly to us. This may include your name, physical and electronic address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, payment information, and social media profile information.
We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than the site. In the event that we combine this third party information with information we collect, either directly or passively through our site, emails, business transactions, or other sources outlined herein, we will treat the combined information as personal information unless otherwise bound by additional requirements from a third party contract or policy.
Use of Customer Information
VIP uses customer information in a variety of ways for a variety of purposes, including;
- As needed, to handle your Auction activity.
- To help us operate, maintain, create, develop, and improve our products and services.
- To protect our rights and property and enforce our Terms of Service.
- To verify your identity before you create an account.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices and to communicate with you regarding bidder registrations, consignments, and purchases. Because this information is important to your interaction with VIP, you may not always be able to opt-out of receiving these communications.
- We may use information regarding customer activities on our website, from our communications, and our other products and services. This information is aggregated and used to understand usage, allow us to provide more useful information and experiences to our customers, and to improve marketing effectiveness.
- We may use third-party services to display advertisements for products and services you have shown an interest in on other websites throughout the Internet.
- As needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights or pursuant to a court order or other requirement under applicable law.
- For our consignees or licensors in relation to a sale of their Auction Item(s).
- For legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes including a sale or transfer of our company.
Protecting Customer Data
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. We work hard to protect you and VIP from unauthorized access, destruction, alteration, or disclosure of personal information we hold, and we regularly review our policies and practices and monitor our networks and systems.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies – We use session cookies to authenticate users and operate our services.
- Preference Cookies – We use preference cookies to set various settings or preferences for features and functions available to you.
- Security Cookies – We use security cookies to provide security for our services.
VIP practices permission-based email marketing. We send email to those who “opt-in” by having expressly shared their email address with us to receive communications on a given topic or topics. Each automated marketing email from our system contains a link to allow subscribers to unsubscribe from receiving emails. If you wish to unsubscribe, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions in the footer of any email.
Digital Advertisements and Remarketing
Facebook, Google, and Twitter are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance and adhere to their self-regulatory principles. You can also opt-out from these companies and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
Updates and Questions